Harris, George W., 1962
Scope and Contents note
The Local History Collection focuses on the history of Orange County California and the cities within Orange County, Southern California and to a lesser extent California as a whole. All Time periods from 1776-2012 (to date) are covered. The collection includes 3860 cataloged books and pamphlets, correspondence, ephemera, manuscripts, maps, memoribilia. papers, periodicals, posters and photographs.
From the Collection: 733 boxes (733 boxes, 3860 volumes in 429 linear feet plus two large orange cabinets drawers and two map cases drawers. )
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Born in 1868 in Tularosa, New Mexico, George W. Harris was brought to California soon after. His family moved around Southern California, staying in Campo, Santa Fe Springs, Corona, and Norwalk, before moving back to Arizona in 1884.
Harris returned to Norwalk in 1886, where he worked for a Bixby Family company until moving to Trabuco Camyon in 1896, a year after his marriage to Lucy Shaw, with whom he had three sons. Harris then bought the Culp Ranch in Aliso Canyon in 1898, where he became a county game warden, school board member, and deputy sheriff,
living to at least age 94.
Part of the CSUF University Archives & Special Collections Repository
University Archives & Special Collections
Pollak Library South Room 352 (PLS 352)
Fullerton CA 92831-3599 USA