Japanese American Internment in California (Collection)
The materials were largely collected and donated by Georgia Day Robertson, vice-principal of a high school in the Poston Relocation Center. Additions to the collection were made by Miss Seiko Ishida, a school teacher while interned at Manzanar Relocation Center. Betty Mitson arranged the collection as a result of her association with the CSUF Center for Oral and Public History. Special features include "Harvest of Hate" by Georgia Day Robertson, several research studies by Betty Mitson, bibliographies of printed materials on the subject of Japanese American internment, and oral history project reports. Although treaties and legislation affecting Japanese in America prior to World War II are touched on, the bulk of the material concerns the events from 1942 - 1946 on the West Coast, with a lesser amount of material concerning the revival of scholarly and popular interest in the late 1960s and 1970s.
- 1941 - 1992
Language of Materials
Aisle 11A--Shelf 3.
Flat file drawer A-19.
The collection was begun as an outgrowth of the Oral History project led by Dr. Art Hansen (History Department), it owes much to that area.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Georgia Day Robertson.
A few files were added later by Art Hansen as part of the Japanese American Oral History project.
- Concentration camps -- Manzanar (Calif.)
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942 - 1945
- Japanese Americans -- Reparations -- History -- 20th Century
- Manzanar (Calif.) -- History
- Manzanar War Relocation Center. United States. War Relocation Authority. Manzanar Relocation Center (1942-1945)
- World War, 1939 - 1945 -- Japanese Americans
- Japanese American Internment in California
- Patricia Prestinary
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the University Archives and Special Collections Repository
University Archives & Special Collections
Pollak Library South Room 352 (PLS 352)
Fullerton CA 92831-3599 USA