Placentia Orange Growers Association records (Collection)
Scope and Contents
This collection contains one document box with organizational papers, including annual reports and company correspondence. Additionally, there are eight minute books and the company's wrought iron seal. Together this collection highlights approximately sixty years of citrus history regarding the Placentia Orange Growers Association.
- 1908 - 1963
Biographical / Historical
The Placentia Orange Growers Association was established in 1908. It was a subgroup of the California Fruit Growers Exchange. Packing houses for the Placentia Orange Growers Association are located on Bradford Avenue in Placentia, California. In 1963, the association merged with another subgroup of the California Fruit Growers Exchange, the Placentia Mutual Orange Association. All business responsibilities transferred to the Placentia Mutual Orange Association, and assets were divided amongst shareholdres of the Placentia Orange Growers Association.
Language of Materials
Aisle 12B--Shelf 6
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Ed Salter to the Patrons of the Library in 1976.
- Placentia Orange Growers Association records
- Nick Seider
- 2018 April 25
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the University Archives and Special Collections Repository
University Archives & Special Collections
Pollak Library South Room 352 (PLS 352)
Fullerton CA 92831-3599 USA